Google Ad Grants available for UK Charities
I’ve been talking about this for a while now considering it to be relevant to BCABA Network’s CSR, all the information is direct from Google. Now if you are an established Charity you may well be eligible to raise your brand by making use of this program, imagine what £8000 worth of advertising could do to increase your engagement, recruit volunteers and drive up donations for the great work that you do.
I do hope that you find this of some use and should you be successful it would be great to hear about your journey.
Please feel free to share this article
Share your cause with the world.
Imagine what you could do with £8000 of in-kind advertising every month from AdWords, an online advertising solution from Google. You could recruit more volunteers. Attract more donations. And share your story with audiences all over the globe. It’s all possible with Google Ad Grants.
See if you’re eligible.
All of our Grantees must meet certain criteria in order to qualify for Google Ad Grants and keep that qualification active. Here’s how your nonprofit can qualify.
Changing the world, one country at a time.
We work with more than 20,000 nonprofits across more than 50 countries. In order to qualify for a Google Ad Grant, your nonprofit must be based in one of these countries.
Here’s how to qualify for Google Ad Grants.
Google Ad Grants is part of the Google for Nonprofits program. To qualify for Google Ad Grants, your organisation must:
- Begin by applying to Google for Nonprofits.
- Hold valid charity status. Please see the Google For Nonprofits site for definitions of charity status in your country.
- Acknowledge and agree to Google’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Have a live website with substantial content.
Governmental entities and organisations, hospitals and medical groups, schools, childcare centres, academic institutions and universities are not eligible for Google Ad Grants, but philanthropic arms of educational institutions are eligible.
Here’s how to stay qualified.
To maintain your eligibility for Google Ad Grants, your organisation must:
- Link your ads to one (and only one) website domain, which should be the same one that was approved in your initial application.
- Actively manage your AdWords account by logging in once a month and making at least one change to your account every 90 days.
- Your ads and keywords should match your organisation’s programs and services.
- Strictly commercial advertising is prohibited. If you’re promoting products or services, 100% of the proceeds must go directly to supporting your program.
- Your ads must not link to pages that are primarily composed of links to other websites.
- Your ads may not offer financial products (like mortgages or credit cards), nor can they request donations of cars, boats, or other property.
- Your site can’t display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links.
Ad Grantees found in violation of any of these guidelines are subject to removal from the program. Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organisation’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google’s sole discretion and are not subject to external review.
Designed to help you flourish.
The more frequently your ads appear next to Google search results, the more people will be aware of your cause. That can translate into more donations and more volunteers — the lifeblood of every nonprofit.
Let’s change the world.
More visibility. More donations. More volunteers. That’s what comes from sharing your message with the people who are most likely to engage.
Reach the people who matter most.
Google Ad Grants shows your search ads to people who are searching Google for nonprofits like yours and helps you reach people who were previously unaware of your cause. You can share your message across the globe, or focus on people near you. With Google Ad Grants, you’re always in control.
Let the donations flow.
Google Ad Grants makes it easier for people to donate to your cause. And the easier it is for them to donate, the more likely it is that they will.
See What’s Working
Deeper insights for smarter ads.
Once your ads are live, you can use Google Analytics and conversion tracking to understand how your ads are performing. Which keywords are the strongest? Which ads are driving donations, or recruiting volunteers? Get answers to these questions — and plenty more.
How it works
Put Google Ad Grants to work for you.
Google Ad Grants works just like Google AdWords online advertising, by displaying your message to people who are searching for nonprofits like yours. If you’re a qualifying nonprofit, you’ll receive $10,000 USD in in-kind AdWords advertising every month.
Whether you’re new to search advertising or are a seasoned pro, Google Ad Grants makes it easy to launch effective campaigns, with advertising solutions designed for nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
Pick the option that’s right for you.
Do you have limited time to manage your Ad Grants account?
Let AdWords Express save you time by automatically managing where and when your ads appear. Pick your audience, write three lines of text about your nonprofit, set your daily budget, and let AdWords Express do the rest.
Would you like to manage every aspect of your Ad Grants account yourself?
Choose AdWords and get access to powerful tools to create, target, and optimise your campaigns. If you prefer to manage your campaigns yourself, this choice is probably best for you.
Step up to Grantspro
The Ad Grants team is no longer accepting Grantspro applications. For more information on the Grantspro program, visit the Ad Grants Help Center.
A few things to remember.
As you think about the best ways to use Google Ad Grants, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Your ads will be entirely text-based (no videos or images).
- They’ll appear only on Google search results pages, in positions below the ads of paying advertisers.
- All campaigns must be keyword-targeted.
- Your maximum cost-per-click (CPC) will be $2.00 USD.
- You’ll receive $10,000 USD (up to $40,000 USD for Grantspro participants) of in-kind AdWords advertising each month.
Meet our happy Grantees.
See how Google Ad Grants helps nonprofits around the world drive awareness, attract donations, recruit volunteers, and much more.
Click here for more information https://www.google.com/grants/success-stories/
Google will help you get started
We’ll walk you through the steps required to set up your Google Ad Grants account and start advertising.
For further information